Fish Finger Roll (uramaki)
Yes - a fish finger "sushi" roll! These taste amazing and are great fun for sharing with friends. It's a great recipe for those who aren't keen on raw fish sushi rolls.
- Preparation Time5 mins
- Additional TimePlus rice cooking time
- Cooking Time10 mins
Nutrition per serving
- Energy141 Kcals
- 2 fish fingers (frozen)
- Oil for frying or deep frying
- 1 nori sheet
- 200 g cooked sushi rice*
- ½ tsp wasabi paste
- 2 tsp mayonnaise
- 1 handful rocket
- 5-6 red pepper strips
- 2 cucumber strips
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 10 g peanut butter
- 10 ml water,
- ½ tsp Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 1-2 drops of sesame oil.
- Cress, mayonnaise, sesame dressing and Kikkoman Soy Sauce
Makes 1 roll = 8 pieces
1. Fry or deep fry fish fingers.
2. Place 1 nori sheet on the sushi mat.
3. Spread the sushi rice on it with wet fingers.
4. Turn over completely.
5. Spread wasabi paste and mayonnaise lengthwise narrowly along the middle.
6. Place rocket, fish fingers, red pepper and cucumber strips lengthwise on top.
7. Roll up the roll.
8. Wrap in cling film, fix with sushi mat and unwrap again.
9. Cut into 8 pieces of the same size.
10. Turn each in sesame seeds on two sides.
11. Mix together the ingredients for the sesame dressing in a bowl.
12. Arrange with cress, mayonnaise and sesame dressing.
*For sushi rice (approx. 1 kg cooked sushi rice)
1. Cook 450g sushi rice in 450ml water according to pack instructions. Then season with 100 ml Kikkoman seasoning for sushi rice or alternatively a mix of 70 ml rice vinegar, 30 g sugar and 15 g salt.
Tip: When cooking rice, use the ratio of rice: water = 1 : 1. Less water is used when preparing sushi rice than when preparing conventional rice.
Want to know how to make sushi? Check out our easy guide to making sushi