Falafel quinoa and baby leaf bowl
This healthy but filling salad bowl recipe with quinoa, crispy roasted chickpeas, falafel and fresh beetroot is a tasty vegetarian lunch idea
- Preparation Time15 mins
- Cooking Time30 mins
- 200 g quinoa
- 1 bunch of chopped parsley leaves, some reserved for garnish
- ½ bunch of chopped coriander leaves, some reserved for garnish
- 660 g chickpeas, cooked or canned
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 5 tbsp Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp chickpea flour
- 300 ml rapeseed oil
- 350 g baby leaf salad
- 2 fresh beetroot, peeled and cut into strips
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 pinches paprika
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp tahini
- 7 tbsp of water
1. Prepare the quinoa according to the instructions.
2. Drain the chickpeas, place 580 g in a blender and blend briefly. Season with cumin and 2 tbsp Kikkoman soy sauce and mix with the chickpea flour. Fold the chopped herbs into the mixture.
3. Put the rapeseed oil in a tall saucepan and heat. Shape the chickpea mixture with two teaspoons and fry in the hot fat until cooked in the centre.
4. Fry the remaining 80 g of chickpeas in another pan with rapeseed oil and season with paprika until toasted. At the same time, stir together lemon juice, 3 tbsp Kikkoman soy sauce, tahini and water in a bowl to make a dressing.
5. Divide the quinoa between 4 bowls. Add the baby leaf, beetroot, and toasted chickpeas. Place the falafel on top and garnish with tahini sauce and reserved herbs.
Want more salad ideas? Check out our other easy salad recipes.