Curry sauce with soy sauce and coconut milk
A quick and easy typical indian veggie dish, complemented with the rich flavour of Kikkoman soy sauce. Can be prepared with a wide variety of vegetables.
- Preparation Time10 mins
- Cooking Time30 mins
Nutrition per serving
- Energy294 Kcals
- Coconut or other frying oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 tbsp curry powder (Mild Madras or similar)
- 3 tbsp water
- 500-600 g of chosen vegetables (mushrooms, pepper, carrot, broccoli, courgette etc.) – chopped in bite sized cubes or pieces
- 1 can (250g) of chickpeas, drained
- 2 cans (200g in total) of coconut milk
- 60-100 ml Kikkoman Soy Sauce (to taste)
- Fresh chopped coriander to garnish
Chop onion and garlic finely and fry them 3-4 minutes in hot oil in a pan, stirring occasionally.
Mix curry powder with water to a smooth paste, add to the pan and fry over a low heat for a few minutes.
Stir frequently and don’t allow the mix to burn. Stir in vegetables and add coconut milk and soy sauce. Stir and make sure nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan.
Cover and cook over a low heat for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
Add chickpeas and cook for 1 minute. Serve hot with wild rice and garnish with chopped coriander.
Tip: This curry tastes best reheated the next day!