Curried date dip with barbecued vegetables
Serve these grilled vegetables and spiced date dip at any summer bbq. Suitable for vegetarians.
- Preparation Time25 mins
- Additional Timeplus 15 minutes soaking
- Cooking Time15 mins
- 1 aubergine, thickly sliced
- 2 courgettes, thickly sliced
- 2 fennel, cut into wedges
- 2 red peppers, thickly sliced
- 3 baby carrots, halved lengthways
For the dip:
- 100 g dried dates, reserve 2-3 for garnish
- 50 ml water
- 300 g cream cheese
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- 1 teaspoon Kikkoman naturally brewed soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of curry powder
- 3 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 3 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1. To make the dip, remove the core from the dates if necessary and roughly chop and place in a bowl with water. Soak for about 15 minutes.
2. Pour water off dates and mix with cream cheese, lemon juice and zest and 1 teaspoon Kikkoman soy sauce. Season to taste with curry powder. Cut the remaining dates into slices.
3. Pour the date curry dip into a bowl, garnish with the sliced dates.
4. Toss the prepared vegetables with rapeseed oil and 3 tablespoons Kikkoman soy sauce and grill or barbecue until tender but with a bit of bite.
5. Serve the grilled vegetables with the dip.
Love to BBQ? Check out our top BBQ Tips
As seen in our No Rules advert