Vegetarian Creamy Mushroom and Pepper Medley
This quick vegetarian mushroom recipe is healthy and simple to prepare. Serve with noodles, rice or polenta and a splash of Kikkoman! Gluten-free too.
- Preparation Time15 mins
- Cooking Time30 mins
Nutrition per serving
- Energy233 Kcals
- Saturated Fat9.1g
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 green pepper, peeled and chopped
- 1 red pepper, peeled and chopped
- 1 courgette, trimmed and chopped
- 2tsp smoked paprika
- 2tbsp Kikkoman Tamari Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 500g mixed mushrooms, eg button, shitake mushrooms, chestnut, sliced
- 200ml coconut milk
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Snipped chives, to garnish
Heat half the oil in a wok or large frying pan, add the onion and fry over a low heat for 10 minutes until softened.
Add the green pepper, red pepper and courgette, sprinkle over the paprika and fry for a further 5 minutes.
Add all the mushrooms and stir in the Kikkoman Tamari Gluten-free soy sauce. Cover the pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
Stir in the coconut milk, season with freshly ground black pepper and cook for a further 5 minutes or until piping hot. Serve at once with the snipped chives sprinkled over.
Use any selection of mushrooms available, slicing or quartering larger ones but leaving small ones whole.
If you enjoy cooking a stir fry then why not take a look at
our guide to perfect
stir fry sauce
Try our some of our other easy One Pot Recipes