Chicken Beef and Noodle Pho
A healthy and warming rice noodle soup bowl which is packed with vegetables to help you get your vitamins. This easy pho recipe contains both chicken and beef but these can be omitted or changed to seafood if preferred.
- Preparation Time20 mins
- Cooking Time45 mins
- 3 chicken breasts
- 700 ml vegetable stock
- 200 g carrots, peeled and thinly sliced into strips
- 40 g fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 100 g peas
- 3 tbsp of Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 400 g rice noodles
- 400 g piece roast beef
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- ⅓ bunch parsley, chopped
- ⅓ bunch spring onions, chopped
- ½ bunch coriander, chopped
- 1 red chilli, sliced into rings
1. Heat a saucepan with vegetable stock and poach the chicken breasts in it. As soon as they are done (check after 10-15 minutes), remove them and set aside and keep the stock in the pan.
2. Put the carrot, ginger, and peas into the stock. Season with 2 tbsp Kikkoman soy sauce, sugar and garlic. Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
3. In the meantime, cook the rice noodles according to the instructions. Fry the roast beef in a pan with rapeseed oil. Season to taste with 1 tbsp Kikkoman soy sauce. Let the meat rest for about 5 minutes before cutting into thin slices.
4. Cut the cooked chicken into small pieces.
5. Fill the bowls with cooked rice noodles. Scatter over the chicken and roast beef. Pour the hot vegetable stock and vegetables over everything. Sprinkle on the herbs, spring onions and chilli on top.
Read our top tips on How to Make the Best Soup