Chicken and Sake Noodles
A quick midweek recipe from TV cook and author Lisa Faulkner. This healthy stir fry is Japanese in style with fresh udon noodles and sake!
- Preparation Time15 mins
- Cooking Time12 mins
Nutrition per serving
- Energy640 Kcals
- Saturated Fat3.9g
- 50ml vegetable oil
- 3 skinless chicken breasts, cut into long strips
- 100g root ginger, peeled and finely sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- 200g spring onions, sliced in half widthways (to separate the white and green parts)
- 600g fresh Udon noodles
- 200ml Sake
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 50ml Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
Heat the oil in a wok over a high heat. Add the chicken and quickly fry for 1-2 minutes . Add the ginger and garlic and fry for 2 minutes until softened. Add the white parts of the spring onions and stir fry for a further 2 minutes.
Add the noodles and the green parts of the spring onions and cook for a minute or so until the noodles are warmed through. Pour in the sake and bring to the boil. Let the mixture bubble for 1-2 minutes then stir in the beaten egg. Pour the in soy sauce, give everything a stir then remove from the heat. Continue to stir, off the heat, for a couple of minutes until the sauce thickens. Serve immediately.