Blueberry sauce for duck
This sweet-tart fruity sauce is perfect for serving with rich meats like duck, beef and game
- Preparation Time10 mins
- Cooking Time40 mins
- 600 g blueberries
- 5 shallots
- 3 tbsp. peanut oil
- 250 ml red wine
- 300 ml Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar (add more to taste)
- 75 g butter
1. Clean the blueberries, removing any stems or leaves, and dab dry.
2. Peel and finely chop the shallots. Heat up the oil in a pan and fry the shallots for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the berries and red wine. Simmer for approx. 30 minutes, crushing the berries with a spoon as they cook.
4. Add the Kikkoman soy sauce and sugar (add more to taste if needed) and the butter and stir them into the blueberry sauce.
5. Serve with grilled meat