Balsamic chicken ciabatta
This hot chicken sandwich is perfect as a filling snack. Make sure you choose a crusty loaf like ciabatta or country bread to soak up the delicious glaze
- Preparation Time5 mins
- Cooking Time10 mins
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 5 tbsp olive oil, plus extra
- 2 chicken breasts, each sliced into four lengthways
- 2 little gem lettuce
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, plus extra
- 2 tbsp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
- 4 individual ciabatta,sliced in half and lightly toasted
- Parmesan, grated
- Handful rocket leaves, roughly torn
Mix together the garlic and oregano with three tablespoons of olive oil. Brush each chicken slice with the mixture.
Place on a griddle pan for a couple of minutes on each side. Meanwhile, chop the lettuce, place in a bowl and add the balsamic vinegar, soy sauce and remaining olive oil.
Toss until well combined and season to taste. Before removing the chicken from the heat, add a generous splash of balsamic to coat each piece.
To serve, put a slice of ciabatta on each plate then top with dressed salad and the chicken. Finally, sprinkle over the grated parmesan and garnish with rocket.