Aromatic pumpkin sauce with apples and sesame
A delicious fruity autumnal sauce which is delicious served with meat, especially pork and chicken. Or use as a dip for a tasty snack.
- Preparation Time20 mins
- Additional Timeplus allow to cool overnight
- Cooking Time1 hour
Nutrition per serving
- Energy122 Kcals
- 250g pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and chopped into small cubes
- 250g cooking apples, chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp pectin
- 3 tsp ground sesame seeds
- 50 ml Kikkoman Less Salt Soy Sauce
Preheat oven to 120C. Cook the pumpkin and apples on a low heat until tender and falling apart. Then blend. Add the rest of the ingredients, stirring well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Pour the sauce into clean, dry kilner jars, close the seals and lids and place in a preheated oven for about 30 minutes. Allow to cool overnight, don't turn upside down.
It is then ready to use as a spread for bread or dip for snacks, or try it with roasted meat