Umami Burgers with Seasoned Patties
Kikkoman Soy Sauce ramps up the meaty flavour in these burgers because it is rich in natural umami. Part of Kikkoman's Street Food recipe collection for Foodservice.
Nutrition per serving
- Energy442 Kcals
- Saturated Fat5.5g
For the patties:
- 1000g minced beef – high fat percentage. 15-18%.
- 75g Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
- 100g grated onion
- 3 cloves of finely grated garlic
- 150g grated firm cheese. (mozzarella and cheddar mix)
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 10 burger buns
- 5 gherkins – sliced lengthwise
- 3 tomatoes
- 10 lettuce leaves
Add the soy sauce to the beef and mix thoroughly. Add grated onion, garlic, cheese and spices. Let the mix rest for 15 minutes before dividing into 10 patties. Shape in the size of the bun. Fry in a mix of oil and butter for 4-5 minutes on each side.
Assemble the burgers with bun, lettuce, tomato slices and gherkins. Top with the patty.