Chicken and Chips
Chicken marinated in soy sauce, garlic and ginger and deep fried until crispy! From Kikkoman's collection of Street Food recipes
- Preparation Time15 mins
- Additional Timeplus 3 hours marinating
- Cooking Time15 mins
Nutrition per serving
- Energy441 Kcals
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 piece of ginger (approx. 2 cm)
- 400 g chicken breast fillet
- 4 tbsp. Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 60 g cornflour
- 500 g French fries
- Frying fat for the deep fryer
Peel and finely chop the garlic clove. Peel and finely grate the ginger. Cut the chicken into approx. 3 x 3 cm pieces. Combine with soy sauce, 2 tbsp. water, sugar, garlic and ginger and leave to marinate for around 3 hours.
Remove the chicken from the marinade, dab dry, season with pepper and coat with cornflour.
Cook the chicken and fries in the deep fryer until crispy and golden brown. Serve with ketchup or relish on the side if you like.