What is a One Pot meal?
One pot (or one pan) meals are a great idea for when you want to make simple midweek meals for the family. Ingredients are cooked together all in one dish either on the hob or in the oven, saving on time and effort. More importantly using one dish means there’s less washing up!
Often, one pot recipes can be scaled up easily so if you are feeding a crowd or want to make extra for the freezer simply increase the amount ingredients. You can make them quite economical too - a small amount of meat goes a long way and the recipe can be bulked out with vegetable and pulses such as beans and lentils. Season with Kikkoman soy sauce to bring out all the flavours without overpowering.
Another other benefit is that one pot dishes tend to have a fuller taste as the ingredients cook in close proximity to each other and intensify. What’s more, compared to other cookery methods such as boiling (i.e no goodness is lost through drained water) it’s a nutritious way to cook too.
One pot recipes
Kikkoman have put together some of our favourite examples of easy one pot dishes from traybakes, curries and casseroles to soups and stir-fries. We hope you enjoy trying them!
- One pan chicken
- Creamy mushroom medley
- Chilli Sin Carne
- Vegetable tarte tatin
- Mushroom soup
- Vegan Chilli
- Soy noodles with pak choi
- Mediterranean style roasted cod with tamari
- Teriyaki Chicken Traybake
- Quick vegetable curry
- Chicken roasted with Mediterranean vegetables
- Creamy white vegetable soup
- Stir fried aubergine with prawns in teriyaki sauce
- Marinated chicken thighs baked with cashews and peppers
- Teriyaki egg noodles with steak and edamame beans
- Salmon baked with soy fennel and ginger
- One pot chicken and cous cous
- Goan fish curry
- Thai wok beef with coconut
- Stir fried vegetables with rice noodles
- Sweet potato and aubergine masala
- Sticky Kikkoman Sausages
- Soy beef stir fry
- Roasted vegetables
- Roast butternut squash with spicy chick peas
- Quick vegetable stir fry
- Pork braised in spicy peanut sauce
- One pot autumn chicken and mushroom casserole
- Oriental hot pot
- Miso and honey roast aubergines
- Lamb aubergine and spinach pot
- Lamb tagine
- Chilli beef and mushroom stir fry
- Classic Cantonese fried rice