There’s a new zesty member of the Kikkoman family – Ponzu Citrus Seasoned Soy Sauce.
What is Ponzu?
Kikkoman Naturally brewed soy sauce blended with aromatic lemon. It has a lovely balanced sweet, sour and salty flavour. It’s suitable for vegetarians and vegans and is fat-free.
Ponzu is one of Japan’s most popular condiments and traditionally used with meat and fish dishes.
How do I use it?
Pour straight from the bottle to bring a vibrant freshness to your favourite oriental dishes as well as everyday meals.
Here’s some ideas:
- Shake with oil for a salad vinaigrette
- A dipping sauce for tempura, dumplings and spring rolls
- Use it to replace salt, vinegar and lemon on battered fish and chips
- Mix with softened butter to top grilled fish, scallops or prawns
- As a marinade for fish, meat and vegetables
- Drizzle over cooked greens and broccoli
- Seasoning for a fish pie filling
Where can I buy it?
Online from Ocado and Sainsbury's priced £2.79
Try out our recipes for
- Prawn salad with Ponzu Mayonnaise
- Ponzu spaghetti with Tuna and Mushrooms
- Bream Fillets with Ponzu Sauce
- Fennel, edamame and walnut salad
- Braised Ponzu Chicken Wings
- Green Herb Risotto with Roasted Mushrooms
- Colourful Tabbouleh
- Chilled Red Pepper Soup with Rustic Croutons
- Hasselback Butternut Squash
Give it a try and email us to let us know what you think of Ponzu.