The Great Taste Awards are the “Oscars” of the food world, and the stars of 2020 have just been revealed.
Organised by the Guild of Fine Food, 12,777 food and drink products were put to the test earlier this year by a panel of judges made up of 144 food writers, critics, chefs, producers, buyers and retailers.
The very best products are awarded between 1 and 3 coveted gold stars - a signpost to an outstanding product discovered through hours and hours of blind tasting. These gold stars are recognised by shoppers and retailers alike as a stamp of excellence.
We are thrilled that Kikkoman has achieved a gold star for each of the following sauces which means the deliver fantastic flavour and they received some great comments from judges:
- Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce. “Rich with an umami depth. This multi layered sauce certainly has a complexity. A classic soy sauce with a good fermented soy flavour”.
- Kikkoman Less Salt Soy Sauce. “Deeply flavourful with the complex character of long fermentation, this lower salt soy sauce doesn't feel lacking in any way. There is still plenty of salty tang which is what is required of a good soy sauce and paired with the fermented flavour works beautifully”.
- Kikkoman Tamari Gluten-free Soy Sauce.“An intensely flavoured tamari, with a caramel like sweetness and a seriously salty hit. This sauce has a deep level of umami, pronounced miso flavour and long-lasting finish. Although different to the classic soy sauce, it is delicious in its own right and would be a very versatile ingredient to add savouriness to many dishes”.
- Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade “What a delicious teriyaki marinade. We tried it on its own and also on some cooked chicken which had been marinated. This is a deeply complex sauce with some fabulous umami savoury notes and a gorgeous lime citrus lift on both the nose and the palate. It is rounded, well balanced and completely delicious. The chicken was beautifully tenderised by the marinade working its magic, and the flavour permeated deep into the flesh. An excellent product which looks so simple yet has a great chemistry. Clever stuff.”
- Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce with Roasted Garlic. “This teriyaki sauce has a delicious balance of garlic and soy that delivers a proper Japanese taste experience. The sauce is thick, with generous bits of roasted garlic throughout, and is slightly sticky which cooked into a proper glaze. This type of ready-made sauce is ideal for a quick stir fry and would go really well with whatever type of vegetable or meat you use.”
- Kikkoman Poke Sauce. “The ingredients of the sauce have been blended well and not separated. The first taste is that of the soy with the toasted sesame coming through with gentle heat and some citrus zing. This product will be a great starter point for people wanting to attempt to create poke dishes.”
Try award-winning Kikkoman and taste for yourself how a quality sauce can transform your mealtimes.