Vegan diets are increasing in popularity. Read on for our great vegan recipe ideas using Kikkoman
This plant-based diet excludes all animal foods including meat, fish, seafood, insects, dairy, eggs and honey. More than just a diet, it is also a way of life which sees followers avoid animal products such as leather.
Veganism is becoming a growing trend in the UK, with people embracing it for many different reasons e.g health, animal compassion and environmental impact.
Supermarkets and restaurants have been quick to respond to this trend by offering more choice for plant-based meals. The Guardian newspaper reported that supermarkets have seen a surge in sales of vegan food, and, according to the Vegan Society, more than half of adults are now adopting “vegan buying behaviour”, while the number of full-time vegans has grown four-fold in the past 10 years.
influencers and celebrities such as Miley Cyrus and Ariana Grande have also
been attributed to helping shift the mindset of how people choose to eat – whether
on a permanent or flexible lifestyle basis.
Kikkoman Soy Sauce, Kikkoman Less Salt Soy sauce, Kikkoman Gluten Free Tamari, Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade, Kikkoman Teriyaki sauce with Toasted Sesame, Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce with Roasted Garlic and Kikkoman Gluten Free Teriyaki Marinade are all suitable for vegetarian and vegan diets. (Note: Kikkoman Teriyaki BBQ-Sauce with Honey is not suitable for vegan diets).
Check out our tasty vegan recipes:
- Vegan Warm Vegetable Salad with Teriyaki Sesame Dressing
- Teryaki Burrito Bowl
- Colourful tabbouleh
- Falafel with Hummus
- Tofu, Snow Peas and Pistachio Salad
- Stir-fried Vegetables with Crispy Noodles
- Tomato and Pepper Soup with Kikkoman Soy Sauce and Lime
- Stir-fried Vegetables with Rice Noodles
- Quick Vegetable Stir-fry
- Roast Butternut Squash with Spicy Chick Peas
- Ponzu Salad Dressing
- Vegetable Salad with Ponzu Vinaigrette
- Tomato and Ponzu Dip
- Green Mary Cocktail
- Fennel, Edamame and Walnut Salad with Ponzu Dressing
- Ciabatta Bread
- Maki Rolls
- Sesame Tortillas with Teriytaki Infused Aubergine
- Kale and Chick Pea Rice Bowls
- Asparagus and Pecan Pasta