Try Kikkoman Ponzu
02. November 2023
What is Ponzu?
Ponzu is one of Japan’s most popular condiments used with meat and fish dishes. It is traditionally made with soy sauce, citrus juice, mirin, bonito flakes, kombu seaweed and rice vinegar.
What does Ponzu taste like?
Kikkoman ponzu sauce is a blend of naturally brewed soy sauce, lemon, vinegar and sugar. It has a lovely balanced sweet, sour and salty flavour. It’s suitable for vegetarians and vegans and is fat-free.
How do I use it?
Pour Kikkoman Ponzu straight from the bottle to bring a vibrant freshness to your favourite oriental dishes as well as everyday meals.
Here’s some ideas of how to use Ponzu:
- Shake with oil for a salad dressing
- A dipping sauce for tempura, dumplings and spring rolls
- Use it to replace salt, vinegar and lemon on battered fish and chips
- Mix with softened butter to top grilled fish, scallops or prawns
- As a marinade for fish, meat and vegetables
- Drizzle over cooked greens and broccoli
- Seasoning for a fish pie filling