Tamari, lemongrass and lime salmon with orange and cucumber salad
This great salmon recipe is perfect for entertaining in the summer and is gluten free
- Preparation Time20 mins
- Cooking Time5 mins
- 4 x 150g (5oz) salmon fillets, skinned if preferred
- 4tbsp Kikkoman Tamari Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 1 stalk of fresh lemon grass, crushed or 1tsp lemon grass paste
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1tsp sunflower oil
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1 cucumber, shaved into long ribbons using a vegetable peeler
- 1 bunch of watercress, coarse stalks and any yellow leaves discarded
- 4tbsp sunflower oil
- 2tbsp rice vinegar
- 2tbsp Kikkoman Tamari Gluten Free Soy Sauce
1 Place the salmon fillets in a shallow dish. Mix together the marinade ingredients and pour over the salmon. Cover the dish with cling film and leave to marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
2 Preheat a ridged grill pan or heavy frying pan and lightly grease with the oil. Lift the salmon fillets from the dish, add to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes until done, basting the fish with any marinade left in the dish and turning the fillets over once.
3 Meanwhile prepare the salad. Arrange the orange segments, cucumber ribbons and watercress sprigs on four serving plates. Whisk together the oil, rice vinegar and Kikkoman Tamari Gluten Free Soy Sauce and drizzle over the salads.
4 Remove the salmon fillets from the pan and sit on top of the salad. Serve at once.
Cooks tipThe salmon should not be marinated for longer than 30 minutes or the lime juice will start to cure the flesh of the fish and turn it pale as though it has been cooked. Before adding the salmon to the pan, make sure the pan is really hot or the fish will stick to it and break up when you try and turn the fillets over.