Pan-fried prawns with garlic, orange and soy sauce
Moreish prawns cooked in a quick and healthy garlic, orange and soy sauce
- Preparation Time25 mins
- Additional Time1 hour marinating time
- Cooking Time1 hour
Nutrition per serving
- Energy167 Kcals
- Saturated Fat0.8g
- 450g large prawns, peeled and de-veined
- 3tbsp Kikkoman Less Salt Soy Sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- ½tsp sesame oil
- 1tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow courgette, cut into chunks
- 1 green courgette, cut into chunks
- 150ml orange juice
- 1tsp corn flour
Place the prawns in a shallow non-metallic dish. Mix together the soy sauce, garlic and sesame oil and pour over, turning the prawns until coated. Cover and set aside in a cool place for 1 hour.
Heat the groundnut oil in a wok or large frying pan, add the onion and cook for about 10 minutes until softened. Add the courgettes and stir-fry for 5 minutes then remove the vegetables from the pan and keep warm.
Lift the prawns from the marinade, add to the pan and fry for 4-5 minutes until they turn pink. Return the onion and courgettes to the pan, and pour in the marinade.
Mix the orange juice and corn flour together, add to the pan and bring to the boil, stirring frequently. Cook for 1 minute then serve at once.