Oriental lamb hot pot
This is a richly seasoned casserole of lamb and vegetables has an oriental twist of Kikkoman Teriyaki
- Preparation Time20 mins
- Cooking Time2 hours 15 mins
Nutrition per serving
- Energy518 Kcals
- Saturated Fat14.3g
- 2 onions, sliced into rings
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 8 lamb chops, trimmed of excess fat
- 115g Puy lentils
- 2 medium sized potatoes, peeled and finely sliced
- 450ml (½pint) hot lamb stock
- 4tbsp Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade
- 1 parsnip, peeled and finely sliced
- 25g (1oz) butter, diced
- 225g (8oz) mange tout
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Pre heat the oven to 150°C / 300°F / Gas 3. Layer the onions, carrots, lamb chops, lentils and one of the potatoes in a medium to large casserole dish.
Stir together the stock and Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade. Pour over the layered ingredients.
Arrange the remaining sliced potatoes and parsnips over the top of the layered ingredients and cover with a lid. Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes.
Remove the casserole from the oven and carefully baste the casserole with the cooking juices. Dot the potatoes and parsnips with the diced butter. Increase the oven temperature to 180°C/ 350°F/ Gas 4. Bake uncovered for a further 30-45 minutes.
Steam the mange tout and place on plates. Divide the hot pot over the vegetables and garnish with parsley.