Fiery chicken stir-fry
A spicy stir-fry with chicken in a fiery chilli and Kikkoman soy sauce marinade. If you want a more substantial meal, serve with rice or noodles.
- Preparation Time30 mins
- Cooking Time20 mins
Nutrition per serving
- Energy311 Kcals
- Saturated Fat1.8g
- 400g skinless chicken breast, cut in thin strips
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 2-3 carrots, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 30g unsalted peanuts
- 1 small squash, peeled, de-seeded and cut into thin strips
- 3-4 spring onions, cut at an angle
- ½ spring cabbage, roughly chopped
- 2tbsp Kikkoman Less Salt Soy Sauce
- 2tbsp soft brown sugar
- 1tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1tsp ground chilli
Mix all the marinade ingredients together. Place the chicken in a non-metallic bowl and pour over the marinade, Mix well, then cover and leave for at least 30 minutes.
Remove the chicken and reserve the marinade for later. Heat the oil in a wok and stir-fry the chicken on both sides for 1-2 minutes then leave to one side. Stir-fry the carrots and peanuts for 2 minutes. Add the squash, spring onions and spring cabbage and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes. Return the chicken to the pan, together with the marinade and fry for approx. 2 minutes or until cooked. Serve immediately.