Creamy Mushroom and Pepper Medley
This versatile vegetarian recipe is healthy and simple to prepare. Serve with noodles, rice or polenta and a splash of Kikkoman!
- Preparation Time15 mins
- Cooking Time30 mins
Nutrition per serving
- Energy233 Kcals
- Saturated Fat9.1g
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 green pepper, peeled and chopped
- 1 red pepper, peeled and chopped
- 1 courgette, trimmed and chopped
- 2tsp smoked paprika
- 2tbsp Kikkoman Tamari Gluten-free soy sauce
- 500g mixed mushrooms, eg button, shitake mushrooms, chestnut, sliced
- 200ml coconut milk
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Snipped chives, to garnish
Heat half the oil in a wok or large frying pan, add the onion and fry over a low heat for 10 minutes until softened.
Add the green pepper, red pepper and courgette, sprinkle over the paprika and fry for a further 5 minutes.
Add all the mushrooms and stir in the Kikkoman Tamari Gluten-free soy sauce. Cover the pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
Stir in the coconut milk, season with freshly ground black pepper and cook for a further 5 minutes or until piping hot. Serve at once with the snipped chives sprinkled over.
Use any selection of mushrooms available, slicing or quartering larger ones but leaving small ones whole.