by Maya Russell of Wokingham
2 duck breasts about 150g each, skin on
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 tablespoon Chinese five-spice powder
2 tablespoons Kikkoman light soy sauce
2 tablespoons dry sherry
1. Put all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Add the duck and leave to marinate for at least 30 mins, or overnight in the fridge.
2. Preheat the oven to 180C / gas mark 4. Put the duck breasts on a roasting tray. Keep the marinade. Roast the duck in the oven for 20 minutes. Take out and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
3. Pour the kept marinade into a small wok or pan and bring to the boil.
4. Slice the duck breast and drizzle the hot sauce over the dish.
5. This is really tasty on a bed of steamed pak choi with fragrant jasmine rice.
Close this window